Benefits of canola oil for hair – Since ancient times, before the hair care products that we see today appeared, women resorted to using natural oils as an essential part of their hair care routine, on top of which is coconut oil, olive oil, and others. Recently, we have been hearing about oils that we did not know from Before, like canola oil, which is known for its heart-healthy benefits. But what about the benefits of canola oil for hair? Discover it dear in this article.
Benefits of canola oil for hair
Canola oil has gained popularity in recent years as a versatile and inexpensive cooking oil, and it is no longer limited to that, as it has become one of the essential ingredients in many hair care products, thanks to its content of fatty acids, antioxidants and vitamins, so Benefits of canola oil for hair as follows:
Stop hair loss:
If you suffer from severe hair loss, canola oil may be your savior, as scientific research indicates that its content of fatty acids and vitamin E nourishes hair follicles, which helps it grow healthy and stop its loss, and because it is a light oil, it is easily absorbed by the hair. and nourishes it from within.
Canola oil contains antibacterial and antifungal properties, which helps treat dandruff and maintain a healthy and clean scalp.
Treating damaged hair:
One of the benefits of canola oil for hair is that canola oil contains a “sterol” compound that helps treat hair damage and reduce its dull appearance. It also contains vitamins “E” and “K” that save you from dryness and frizz.
Split ends treatment:
Split ends are one of the worst hair problems. In addition to its unattractive appearance, it stops hair growth. Although it is not easy to treat, the high content of vitamin E in canola oil may help moisturize hair and treat split ends effectively.
Reducing scalp infections:
Canola oil also has anti-inflammatory properties, so it helps treat eczema and associated symptoms, and reduces scalp redness and itching.
Read more: Reasons for hair ripple after protein
Read more: Washing hair before dyeing
Recipes canola oil for hair
Canola oil can be easily included in your hair care routine, and you can easily use it without additives, because its light texture does not require you to dilute it with other oils, and to use canola oil to treat various hair problems, so after talking about the Benefits of canola oil for hair, here are some effective home recipes. follows:
Recipe for canola oil and almond oil to treat hair loss:
The mixture of oils helps moisturize the hair, and supplies the follicles with the elements they need, to nourish the hair, stimulate its growth, and stop its loss.
- 3 tablespoons of canola oil.
- One tablespoon almond oil.
- One tablespoon of olive oil.
- 10 drops of lavender oil.
- Mix the oils, except for the lavender oil, and warm them up a little.
- Add lavender oil to the oils, and apply it to your hair and scalp, while massaging in circular motions to stimulate blood circulation.
- Cover your hair with a towel, leave it for an hour, then rinse it with water and a gentle shampoo.
- Repeat the method once a week, until the precipitation stops completely.
Canola oil and tea tree oil for dandruff:
To get rid of annoying dandruff, use a mixture of canola oil and tea tree oil, which is known for its antibacterial and antifungal properties as well, which helps in obtaining a clean and dandruff-free scalp.
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil.
- 3 drops of tea tree oil.
- 3 drops of lavender oil (optional).
- Mix the oils, and apply them to your hair and scalp with a massage.
- Leave the oils on your hair overnight, and rinse it out in the morning.
- Repeat the method once a week, until the crust is completely gone.