Benefits of cinnamon for the menstrual cycle. Cinnamon is a beautiful herb that was once worth more than gold, as it was discovered centuries ago and has been used for a variety of purposes, including embalming, making perfumes, and treating bad breath, in addition to being one of the most important spices in almost all kitchens.
Cinnamon is the inner bark of a tree called Cinnamon. When this bark dries, it forms the well-known cinnamon sticks. One of its most important treasures for women is the benefits of cinnamon for the menstrual cycle and its effective role in this period for every woman. Learn more about its benefits in this article.
Benefits of cinnamon for the menstrual cycle
Along with all the benefits of cinnamon and its importance to various industries, research has shown that it has a lot of health benefits, but how can cinnamon help with menstrual cramps? One study published in 2015 found that cinnamon is effective in relieving symptoms experienced by women during their period, especially in the early days.
The women studied noticed a reduction in the severity and duration of their first menstrual period; These include cramping, nausea, vomiting, painful cramps, and other symptoms associated with your period.
Benefits of cinnamon for the period cycle
Cinnamon has a great effect on getting rid of menstrual pain, but it does not reach the strength of strong analgesics, of course, so it is a helpful factor if your cramps are unbearable.
Modus operandi of cinnamon syrup for the menstrual cycle
After mentioning the benefits of cinnamon for the menstrual cycle, here is the method used to prepare it. To make a wonderful cinnamon drink, you need a cinnamon stick and a cup of water. As for the method of preparation – Benefits of cinnamon for the menstrual cycle:
- Put the cinnamon stick with the water in a small pot on the fire for five minutes.
- Raise it from the fire, and leave it to cool a little, then remove the cinnamon stick, and pour it into the cup.
- Sweeten the cinnamon drink with a spoonful of white honey.
Read more: 6 steps to study success
Read more: How to succeed in the personal interview 2023
There are a number of other recipes that you can make using cinnamon to relieve menstrual pain, including:
- Put a cinnamon stick in a cup of warm milk and sweeten it with honey.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of ground cinnamon over the oatmeal with milk.
- Add a cinnamon stick in every cup of coffee you drink.
- Eat apple and cinnamon cake, and you can cook apples on the fire with a tablespoon of cinnamon.
- Add a spoonful of ground cinnamon to the yogurt.
- If you regularly drink cinnamon, this will help in regular menstrual periods, even if they were irregular before, and this is the benefits of cinnamon for the menstrual cycle.
Other tips for relieving PMS symptoms
Besides eating cinnamon regularly to benefit from the Benefits of cinnamon for the menstrual cycle and its symptoms, you can follow these tips to relieve menstrual pain as well:
- Doing regular exercise for at least 20 minutes a day relieves menstrual cramps, and in the first days of your period you can practice yoga.
- Using a hot water bottle or hot water bottle on the cramping area in the lower abdomen, to help you relieve menstrual pain.
- Adding a cup of sea salt and sodium bicarbonate mixture to a bathtub filled with warm water, this mixture gives you relaxation and helps remove toxins from your body.
- Add five to seven drops of cinnamon essential oil to your warm bath.
- Getting good levels of vitamin E and B group vitamins, magnesium, calcium and zinc helps relieve menstrual cramps.
- Gentle abdominal massage using essential oils, the most important of which is cinnamon essential oil, helps relieve pain and cramping.