Benefits of cocoa butter for hair – nature is rich in ingredients that can be exploited to obtain superior hair and skin care without the use of harmful chemicals, and cocoa butter is one of these natural ingredients that are used in several ways in beauty products or in foods to obtain many benefits for the body, will tell you In the next lines about the benefits of cocoa butter for hair and how to use it.
Benefits of cocoa butter for hair
Cocoa butter is used in skin moisturizers and beauty products, and its benefits are not only limited to the skin, but it is also beneficial for hair. It contains fatty acids that help keep hair soft and healthy, like coconut oil, and gives a beautiful scent to hair. Benefits of cocoa butter for hair are as follows:
- It helps to produce scalp oils in a natural and healthy way, which reduces the chances of dandruff, and keeps the hair roots healthy, and this helps in obtaining stronger and heavier hair.
- A natural hair moisturizer, it can be used as a hair conditioner as it reduces split ends.
- Reduces chances of hair loss caused by breakage.
- Makes hair easier to control. Helps to replace lost oils after washing hair.
- Fix split locks. Increases softness and shine of hair.
Benefits of cocoa butter for the skin
There are many benefits of cocoa butter for hair and also for the skin, as it contains antioxidants and phytochemical compounds that help maintain the health of the skin and improve its appearance – Benefits of cocoa butter for hair:
- Moisturizing the skin: they contain high levels of fatty acids that penetrate the skin and moisturize it for hours, and form a moisturizing protective layer to protect and treat dry skin, as it is suitable for treating chapped lips.
- Resisting the signs of aging: it contains antioxidants that form a layer that protects the skin from the influence of environmental factors, thus reducing the chances of forming wrinkles and lines, and helps moisturize and elasticity of the skin, collagen production and fight against cell destruction.
- Smoothing and healing the skin and may be used to relieve the effects of itching associated with rashes and eczema.
Read more: Reasons for hair ripple after protein
Read more: Washing hair before dyeing
Damage to cocoa butter for hair
Cocoa butter does not cause damage to hair and skin for most users, but processed cocoa butter may contain other substances that may cause allergies and itching for some people. And if you are allergic to cocoa, the use of cocoa butter may cause some side effects for you, including: itching, redness and irritation of the skin.
How to use cocoa butter for hair?
Cocoa butter is similar to coconut oil in consistency, as it is cohesive and you may need to melt it before applying it to the hair, and it can be melted by rubbing it between the fingers or by heating it in a water bath or by using the microwave, and cocoa butter can be used in several ways for hair as follows:
- As a deep treatment before washing the hair: After melting the cocoa butter, massage the hair and scalp with it and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes. Do not leave it for more than 20 minutes on your hair so that it does not freeze on the hair and is difficult to wash.
- As a conditioner during hair washing: After melting a small amount of cocoa butter, add it to the hair conditioner and massage the ends of the hair only away from the scalp for 4 minutes.
- Resisting frizz and facilitating hair styling: Take a small piece of cocoa butter, melt it in your palm, and spread it on your hair, and you can mix it with a drop of coconut oil or jojoba oil.
- Make hair masks: Several masks can be made to get the benefits of cocoa butter for hair, including:
Ingredients for hair polishing mask
- A cup of pure aloe vera gel.
- Half a cup of cocoa butter.
- A quarter cup of honey.
- a spoonful of conditioner.
- Mix all the ingredients and apply an adequate amount on your hair.
- Leave it for 15 minutes and then wash your hair well.
- You can keep the rest of the quantity in the fridge for another use.