Benefits of egg white for hair – When you open a raw egg, you find yellow egg yolks and egg whites (albumin). While the yolk contains all the fat in an egg, the egg white contains most of the protein. Egg whites are complete proteins that contain all of the essential amino acids. In this article, we tell you about the benefits of egg white for hair and how to make an egg white mask for hair, so read on.
Benefits of egg white for hair
The hair shaft consists of three layers, so hair experts recommend the following:
- The inner layer is the soft layer of the hair shaft, and it appears only in large and thick hairs.
- The middle layer provides the hair shaft with strength, color and texture.
- The epidermis and this thin, colorless layer of the hair shaft that protects the cortex.
- The hair shaft is made largely of keratin, a fibrous protein that is also the main structural component of your fingernails.
- And when you include the right amount of protein in your diet, you give your body what it needs to produce stronger, healthier hair.
- A stronger middle layer that makes your hair less prone to split ends and breakage.
- Stronger and smoother outer layer to make your hair shinier.
- Eating protein properly is crucial for healthy hair to benefit from Benefits of egg white for hair.
- Research shows that women who don’t get enough protein can experience thinning, brittle, and hair loss.
- Chemical treatments, heat styling techniques, and environmental oxidation also contribute to protein loss in your hair.
Read more: Reasons for hair ripple after protein
Read more: Washing hair before dyeing
How to make an egg white hair mask?
- While eating protein properly has been shown to promote healthy hair, some people use egg whites as a hair mask on the scalp to repair damage and treat hair loss.
- Some claim that using an egg white mask cleanses the scalp of excess oil, strengthens hair, promotes growth, and fights dandruff.
- You can use egg whites alone as a mask or combine them with other nutrient-dense ingredients like coconut oil to get the benefits of egg white for hair.
Egg white mask
- In a small bowl, separate the whites from the yolks of two eggs, reserving the yolks for another use.
- Add two tablespoons of coconut oil to the egg whites.
- Whisk the egg whites and oil together.
- Apply the egg/oil mixture to damp hair.
- Spread the mixture from the roots of the hair to the tips using your fingers.
- Comb the mixture through your hair with a wide-toothed comb, making sure it coats each strand.
- Leave the mixture for 20 minutes.
- Shampoo your hair with cool water – not warm or hot water.
- Dry your hair as usual.
- Although there is not enough scientific support that applying egg whites directly to the hair contributes to the health of your hair.
- Many believe that the high protein found in egg whites alone can make hair stronger.
- They also believe that egg whites mixed with other ingredients — such as castor oil, lemon juice, yogurt, honey, bananas, and apple cider vinegar — will treat conditions such as dry scalp, split ends, and dandruff.
Finally, after we told you Benefits of egg white for hair, there are few risks in using egg whites as a source of protein, and egg whites should be cooked before eating them to avoid possible food poisoning from salmonella bacteria. And if you’re allergic to eggs, you shouldn’t put this ingredient on any part of your body, including your hair. The same goes for other ingredients suggested for hair masks.