Benefits of zinc for hair – Zinc is one of the minerals necessary for the health of the body, and it has a direct effect on the health and strength of hair. In this article, we will mention its most prominent benefits for hair.
Benefits of zinc for hair
Your entire body is affected by a lack of zinc, and this effect may reach your hair, as zinc is of great importance to your hair, which can be summarized as follows:
- It is involved in the process of synthesizing the proteins that make up the hair follicles, and when it is deficient, the structure of this protein is disrupted.
- which leads to a weakening of the structure of your hair and its rapid fall after its growth.
- It is involved in the production of DNA, which is responsible for the proper division of body cells, including scalp cells.
- When it is lacking, the division of follicle cells is affected, and this leads to slow or no hair growth, while its presence accelerates hair growth.
- It may prevent male pattern baldness, which is similar to male pattern baldness, and zinc speeds up wound healing and skin healing.
- Which reflects positively on the health of the scalp and thus on the health of your hair.
- It plays a role in the work of the sebaceous glands around the hair follicles, which contributes to the proper functioning of these glands.
Read more: Reasons for hair ripple after protein
Read more: Washing hair before dyeing
Can zinc be taken during pregnancy?
Benefits of zinc for hair Your body’s need for this element increases with the onset of pregnancy, and in fact, pregnant women are more likely to be deficient than others, but taking zinc supplements during pregnancy in high doses is not considered safe.
And the daily dose that you take during pregnancy should not exceed 11 milligrams per day if you are over 19 years old, and it is always preferable to consult a doctor before using any nutritional supplement during pregnancy.
How long is the safe use of zinc for hair?
Benefits of zinc for hair Your doctor usually determines the period during which you must take zinc supplements, and it should be noted that the recommended daily dose for women is 8 milligrams per day, and it should not exceed 40 milligrams, as when you take zinc for a long time and in high doses, it may cause This is due to a decrease in the level of copper in your body, which nerve problems are among the most prominent symptoms of its deficiency, such as suffering from weakness and tingling in the hands and legs.
Precautions for zinc intake for hair
Here are some caveats and warnings regarding taking zinc as hair supplements after we talked about Benefits of zinc for hair:
- If you suffer from a chronic disease, such as kidney or bowel disease, tell your doctor immediately, as some diseases can affect your body’s absorption of zinc.
- If you take an overdose of zinc, this can lead to hair loss instead of hair growth.
- Do not take zinc supplements with certain medications such as antibiotics and the cancer drug cisplatin.
- Penicillamine for the treatment of arthritis, and amiloride, a diuretic.
- Take zinc pills an hour before or two hours after food, and if they cause you indigestion, you can take them with food after consulting your doctor.
- Taking zinc supplements may cause some side effects such as indigestion, diarrhea, headache, nausea and vomiting.