Mistakes that increase bone pain during pregnancy. Pregnant women suffer a lot from annoying symptoms and pains and hormonal changes, which are normal during pregnancy, and bone pain during pregnancy is one of the most common symptoms that you may experience, especially with the progression of the pregnancy months.
As the fetus presses on the back and pelvis, which makes you feel heavy and painful. Hormonal changes and weight gain also cause pain in the bones and joints. But the matter is not limited to that, as you may unintentionally make some mistakes that increase bone pain during pregnancy, which you will learn about in this article.
10 mistakes that increase bone pain during pregnancy
Learn about the most prominent examples of errors that increase bone pain during pregnancy, as follows:
- Neglecting to eat foods rich in calcium needed for you and your fetus, which increases bone softness.
- Consequently, joint and bone pain increases, so you must eat more of these foods, especially dairy products, to raise the percentage of calcium.
- In addition to calcium supplements prescribed by your doctor.
- Not being exposed to the sun enough, which reduces the level of vitamin D in your body.
- It is one of the vitamins necessary for your body to absorb calcium, and its deficiency increases bone pain during pregnancy.
- Overeating unhealthy food, thinking that you are eating you and your fetus.
- But in fact, you are exposing yourself to a significant increase in weight, twice the natural gain that you gain due to pregnancy.
- This increases your exposure to sharp pains in the spine, knees and ankles, and strains your pelvic muscles.
- Lying on the left side only when sleeping, as this position increases bone pain during pregnancy.
- Therefore, you should change your sleeping position, between the right and left sides, and not load on one side only.
Read more: 6 steps to study success
Read more: How to succeed in the personal interview 2023
Bone pain during pregnancy
- Severe stress, standing or sitting for long periods, and not getting enough rest, all of this leads to increased back, knees and ankle pain.
- Neglecting to drink large amounts of water, that is, no less than 12 cups, increases your risk of arthritis and bones during pregnancy.
- Wearing high heels, as it harms the condition of the spine, increases lower back pain, heel pain, and knee arthritis during pregnancy.
- Driving a car for long distances causes an increase in the tension of the muscles of the back, neck and shoulders, which increases their pain during pregnancy.
- Carrying heavy bags or things during pregnancy, as it leads to increased pain in the lower back, ankles and knee joints.
- Sleeping for long periods and not moving, although rest is beneficial for you during pregnancy.
- it is necessary to move so that your muscles do not become stiff, and you do not feel pain during movement.
How to prevent osteoporosis when pregnant
- Take calcium-rich food supplements: Your doctor will prescribe calcium supplements starting around the fourth month, at a rate of 500 milligrams per day after breakfast to reduce bone pain during pregnancy.
- Dear, you must adhere to the dose prescribed by the doctor to maintain the health of your bones.
- Eat calcium-rich foods: Calcium is found in many foods, such as almonds, milk products, salmon, oranges, broccoli, and others, so make sure to include them in your diet, to get enough calcium for you and your fetus.
- Get enough vitamin D: The sun is the primary source of vitamin D, which is needed for calcium absorption and bone health.
- So it is preferable to go out in the middle of the day for about 20 minutes several times a week to reduce bone pain during pregnancy.
- And if you can’t do that, try to eat foods that contain vitamin D, such as liver, egg yolks, milk products fortified with vitamin D, and others.
- Avoid drinks that cause osteoporosis: Some drinks may cause osteoporosis, such as carbonated water, which you may feel nauseous about.
- And because they contain phosphoric acid, which when consumed in excess causes a decrease in bone density, it is preferable not to take them during pregnancy to reduce bone pain during pregnancy.
- Caffeine-rich drinks are also linked to a decrease in bone density, as they negatively affect calcium absorption, which may expose you to fragility to reduce bone pain during pregnancy.