Causes of vomiting in children Young children can be at risk of many different health problems, some of which are nothing to worry about, and others that may require you to take them to the doctor immediately to find out the cause and treat the problem they have immediately.
Causes of vomiting in children
The vomiting of your child at times is not a matter of concern, but is considered normal, and it can happen, as it does not represent a sign of anything serious, and it usually only lasts for a day or two, and the most common reason for its occurrence in your children is that they have an infection in the stomach and intestines. And if you want to know the causes of vomiting in children without fever specifically and in detail, here are the following points:
Stomach flu, which is known as viral gastroenteritis, usually occurs as a result of exposure of the stomach and intestines to rotavirus or norovirus, or even due to some types of bacteria such as Escherichia coli (E. coli) or even salmonella.
It is worth knowing that although norovirus causes fever in your child, in such cases it can infect the body without causing a high body temperature, and this virus is contagious, and often the causes of vomiting in children are one of the following:
- infection from an infected person.
- Eat food that contains it.
- Contact with a contaminated surface.
Read more: Reasons for hair ripple after protein
Read more: Washing hair before dyeing
One of the causes of vomiting in children without heat is their food allergy, and other symptoms that may be associated with this type of health condition also include the following:
Reflux in the brain
It is possible that your child may be susceptible to a head injury in many cases, especially at the beginning of learning to walk, or if he is one of those who prefer to exercise constantly.
In such cases, you should watch for other signs of reflux that may appear on your child once he hits his head, for example:
- Blurred vision.
- Difficulty walking and confusion.
- Speak in an unclear manner.
One of the reasons for vomiting in children without suffering from high temperatures is to face some difficulty in feeding, such as vomiting from time to time after feeding, especially if your child has not completed his first month yet, because the stomach is not used to digesting food. So you have to offer more frequent and smaller meals to help your child stop vomiting.
Reasons to see a doctor?
What we must also point out is that there are some cases in which the causes of vomiting in children without temperature are serious, and it is necessary to see a doctor, for example:
- Vomiting or vomiting continuously and repeatedly.
- Inability to retain fluids in the body, which leads to an increased chance of dehydration for your child. The color of your child’s vomiting is green, or it contains blood. Vomiting for more than a day or two.
- If the vomiting is accompanied by the child feeling some sudden and severe pain in the abdominal area.
- Over time, the child becomes weak, irritable, or even less responsive.
- Headache associated with vomiting in your child.
- neck stiffness
- The appearance of some rashes on your child.