Is liver harmful to pregnant women? Some women ask, is the liver harmful to a pregnant woman? As the controversy revolves around its importance to the fetus, at a time when others assert that it can cause some complications for it, in the following article. answers your question and provides you with some information about the benefits and harms of liver for pregnant women.
Is liver harmful to pregnant women?
Liver contains a variety of vitamins, minerals and protein, such as vitamin A and B12, folic acid, iron, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, calcium and zinc, and its danger to the pregnant woman lies in its excessive consumption, and thus we can say that eating the liver in large quantities can cause in its harm. In order not to miss its benefits and at the same time, to avoid its harms, make sure to eat it in reasonable quantities, not more than twice a week.
Liver damage to pregnant women
Is liver harmful to pregnant women? The danger of eating a large amount of liver lies in the fact that it contains a high percentage of vitamin A, which causes excessive intake of what is called hyper vitamin A, and may lead to poisoning.
Its moderate symptoms include itchy skin or rash and headache. And its more serious symptoms include high cholesterol in the expectant mother, fetal abnormalities, and the development of cancerous cells.
Benefits of liver for pregnant women
Is liver harmful to pregnant women? Liver contains a high percentage of protein, folic acid, vitamin B12 and other elements that promote reproductive and fetal health.
Pregnant women need to take the appropriate amount of vitamin B12, because it helps in the growth of the fetal brain and its organs and works on their development, while folic acid contributes to preventing deformities of the spine and brain.
Liver contains an important element of iron for pregnant women, and pregnant women are among the groups most susceptible to deficiency.
Their need for it must be met, especially as it plays a vital role in transporting oxygen to the cells of the body. Liver contains a high percentage of vitamin A, which reduces oxidative stress, which causes many diseases such as cancer, high blood pressure, and atherosclerosis.
Is liver harmful to pregnant women? It also helps to improve vision, immune system function, and improve heart and kidney function.
Read more: 6 steps to study success
Read more: How to succeed in the personal interview 2023
Various ways to serve liver
- Grilled liver: grilled liver after seasoning it with onions.
- Alexandrian liver: Adding a variety of spices to the liver, and sautéing it in the pan, for those who do not prefer its taste.
- Fried liver: Soak the liver in milk or lemon juice, which reduces its unpleasant taste for some people, and fry it in oil after placing it in the roast.
Other foods you should eat during pregnancy
After talking about Is liver harmful to pregnant women? We will explain other foods that you should eat during pregnancy:
- Greek Yogurt: Greek yogurt offers twice the protein in protein as regular yogurt, and is a rich source of the calcium you need to support your bone health.
- Bananas: One of the ideal foods, especially in the first trimester of pregnancy, because it contributes to reducing nausea associated with the first months.
- Eggs: One of the sources rich in protein, but stay away from eating raw eggs and avoid any foods that contain them.
- Sweet potatoes: Potatoes acquire their distinctive orange color because they contain carotenoids that are converted into vitamin A. They also contain vitamin C, which helps absorb iron necessary for the health of the fetus during pregnancy.
- Broccoli: It contains a number of nutrients that are beneficial for the health of pregnant women, such as calcium and folic acid. It is also rich in fiber and disease-fighting antioxidants, in addition to vitamin C, which helps the absorption of iron.
- Sesame: contains healthy oils called omega-6, which are necessary to promote the health of body cells and the functions of the immune and nervous systems.