How to treat persistent nervousness 2023 It is usually accompanied by aggressive behavior and some violence, whether verbal or behavioral, in simple situations that do not require it. What are its causes and how can it be controlled?
What is nervousness?
Intermittent explosive disorder is one of the chronic mental disorders that can cause significant stress in people. It also negatively affects the individual’s relationship with others in his work or study environment.
The patient’s angry outburst occurs suddenly and without warning, and most of the time these attacks last for less than thirty minutes. It is also accompanied by aggressive behavior, either verbally or physically.
Causes of persistent nervousness
- The environment in which the patient was brought up, as unmarried people who suffer from this psychological disorder often grow up in a family that is driven by emotional or aggressive behavior with each other.
- Where there is verbal or physical abuse from parents. This emotional behavior increases the possibility of the disease appearing in children after they reach maturity.
- Some genetics Studies have shown that there may be a genetic factor or component that can be passed on from parents to their children.
- And cause them to suffer from this psychological disorder.
- A difference in how brain tissue works There may be some differences that can appear in the chemistry and structure of the brain in some cases of emotional disorder.
Persistent nervousness factors
- Existence of long periods of physical abuse of individuals in their childhood.
- Medical or family history of other mental disorders.
- Individuals with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
- Avoidant personality disorder.
Read more: 6 steps to study success
Read more: How to succeed in the personal interview 2023
Signs and symptoms of persistent nervousness
In fact, persistent nervousness occurs or explodes completely suddenly, and it lasts for a period of sometimes up to 30 minutes or less. But as the situation develops, it may recur continuously. Less intense verbal outbursts may separate repeated bouts of physical aggression.
Diagnosis of persistent nervousness
There are some tests that the doctor may order to confirm the diagnosis of the disease, as follows:
Do a physical examination
At first, the doctor will try to rule out all physical problems, and do some laboratory tests.
Perform a psychological evaluation
The psychiatrist will talk to you about your symptoms, and your ways of thinking and feeling.
Reliance on the standards adopted in the Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders
It is a diagnostic manual approved by the American Psychiatric Association (APA) for the diagnosis of mental health conditions.
Treatment of persistent nervousness
There is no single treatment that can be said to be the final treatment for persistent nervousness, but psychotherapy and talking with a doctor along with some medications may help in treating these cases:
The doctor may assign you some individual or group therapy sessions to improve behavior, try to control or manage anger, and learn to think in different ways.
There are some medications that may actually be helpful in treating this disorder, such as antidepressants or anticonvulsants.
How to prevent persistent nervousness
- At the outset, we would like to warn you that if you are diagnosed with persistent nervousness, of course prevention will be one of the things that get out of control.
- Unless you are already receiving treatment from a professional. But these suggestions and tips, along with treatment, may help you manage sudden attacks of the disease.
- Full commitment to treatment, attending sessions and taking the medications prescribed by the doctor.
- Practice relaxation techniques, such as deep breathing or yoga.
- Change the way you think about situations that call for your anger and try to use logical thinking.
- Think about the answer before you jump into your first reaction.
- Try to change the surrounding environment and stay away from the situations that make you angry.
- Avoid smoking or alcohol as much as possible.