Tips to prevent dry hair in the summer – with summer approaching and hot weather, you start a different journey to take care of your hair and skin so that they stay in their best condition, but have you ever thought about how the sun affects your hair? Just as the sun can damage your skin, it can also damage your hair and scalp as well. In this article, we learn tips to prevent dry hair in the summer due to heat and humidity.
Tips to prevent dry hair in the summer
Summer is the season to go wild and try out new and unique hairstyles, but unfortunately, dry hair in the summer ruins all that in the blink of an eye. After spending some time in the wind, sun, chlorine, salt water, and air conditioning, your hair can become dull, brassy, frizzy, or dry. Or brittle hair, follow these tips to prevent dry hair in the summer:
Deep moisturizing with oil or cream baths:
Hair can’t repair itself, we have to restore what heat and moisture have removed. If your hair is dry and brittle, he recommends using an intense conditioning mask, such as a natural oil mask or a cream bath with shea butter, after shampooing.
Tips to prevent dry hair in the summer Apply the mask for at least 30 minutes, then rinse it well with shampoo and conditioner and apply a nourishing serum to the ends of the hair away from the scalp, repeat the mask weekly for more hydration.
Number of hair washes:
Tips to prevent dry hair in the summer Avoid washing your hair more than three times a week, because washing hair with shampoos and detergents loses the natural oils that protect, moisturize and preserve it under the harmful rays of the sun. It is also preferable to use natural hair care products that are free of sulfates and harmful chemicals that cause dryness hair over.
Read more: Reasons for hair ripple after protein
Read more: Washing hair before dyeing
Swimming pool and beach water instructions:
It is best to wear a swimming cap or cap before going into the sea water or the swimming pool, to protect your hair from the salinity of the water, chlorine, and direct exposure to the scorching sun. There are also products such as natural oils and serums that you can put on your hair under the cap before going into the swimming pool, to wrap your hair And protect it well, like coconut oil and jojoba oil.
Various hair styling tools:
tips to prevent dry hair in the summer
How to treat dry hair in the summer?
Now that we know tips to prevent dry hair in the summer, here are five steps to treat your dry, brittle hair easily:
- Eat healthy foods rich in water, nutrients, fiber, and minerals, in addition to the importance of consuming water, fluids, and juices that help your body stay hydrated, as well as reflect on the health and vitality of your hair.
- Use hot oil baths and dry hair repair creams alternate weekly, to get deep conditioning of your hair and treat the roots and ends.
- Avoid styling your hair in the wrong way, such as covering it while it is wet or pulling it and tying it back strongly.
- Also, stop using any heat styling tools until you treat the dryness and brittleness of your hair.
- Cut dry damaged ends, to get a good refreshment for your hair and get rid of the unhealthy brittle appearance.
- Use a medicated shampoo to wash and clean your hair. It is better if it has a high moisturizing content, so that your scalp does not lose the natural oils that envelop the hair and protect it against moisture and damage.
Finally, do not forget that the most important tips to prevent dry hair in the summer are to know the nature of your hair well and to avoid using hair straightening and dyeing treatments, which unnecessarily waste and damage your hair. Make the summer season a new opportunity for the vitality of your hair and not for its dryness.