Treatment of fluid accumulation after eggs. Going through IVF is bound to be a difficult experience and you will go through many challenges, from the stimulation process to the egg retrieval and embryo transfer process to the waiting period before taking a pregnancy test.
One of the challenges women face after egg retrieval is ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, which causes unpleasant symptoms such as abdominal pain, bloating and fluid retention. In this article, we will present how to treat fluid buildup after egg retrieval.
Treatment of fluid accumulation after eggs
In the following lines, we explain in detail the Treatment of fluid accumulation after eggs:
- Maintaining body moisture: It is important to maintain body moisture and drink sufficient amounts of fluids, as the American Society for Reproductive Medicine recommends drinking at least 3 liters of water per day.
- Studies have also shown that women in this period are prone to disturbances in electrolyte levels and a deficiency in sodium and potassium levels.
- Therefore, it is recommended to drink more drinks based on it.
- Eat small, protein-containing meals: Women may feel nauseous during this period.
- However, it is important to focus on eating small, frequent meals throughout the day and that they are rich in protein.
- Treatment of fluid accumulation after eggs, as this helps keep water in the blood vessels instead of leaking into the abdominal cavity, increasing fluid retention and feeling uncomfortable.
- Taking medication to relieve symptoms: Fluid retention and accumulation are accompanied by symptoms of nausea and abdominal pain.
- Fluid collection after egg retrieval can be treated and controlled with anti-nausea medications and pain relievers.
- Such as: acetaminophen. Stool softeners: During this period, women may suffer from high progesterone and constipation.
- Treatment of fluid accumulation after eggs, which increases the severity of her symptoms, this can be controlled by taking stool softeners, or natural juices such as plum juice.
- Or dietary supplements such as magnesium supplements Doing light physical activity: Although it is important to avoid intense physical activity and sexual intercourse.
- However, light activity helps reduce fluid accumulation and thus reduce flatulence.
Read more: 6 steps to study success
When can a woman recover from symptoms?
Treatment of fluid accumulation after eggs These symptoms begin to appear a few days after the egg retrieval process, and continue for up to two weeks, as they begin to gradually disappear until they disappear completely, and they do not continue during pregnancy.
Complications of fluid gathering after egg retrieval
After we have explained the methods of treating fluid accumulation after egg retrieval for pregnancy, it is important to state the importance of treating fluid accumulation and adherence to the previous methods, because exacerbation of symptoms and leaving them without treatment causes severe and potentially life-threatening complications, and complications include the following:
- Dehydration of women.
- Increased pressure on the abdomen due to too much fluid.
- Blood clots form inside the blood vessels, which can travel to the lungs and other organs and cause other serious complications.