Treatment of vaginal infections with salt. Vaginal infections are common health problems that a large percentage of women face at different ages, as a result of the growth of fungi that live naturally inside the vaginal area, causing severe infections, skin irritation, itching and pain.
You can use some home methods to treat these infections. One of the most famous and simplest ingredients used for this is table salt, as it has antiseptic, antibacterial and antifungal properties. It is also readily available in all homes. In this article, you will learn how to treat vaginal infections with salt, but if you suffer from them frequently, you must consult a doctor.
Treatment of vaginal infections with salt
Whether using table salt or Epsom salt (English salt), the mineral salts in it help prevent the growth of fungus and treat vaginal infections immediately. In order to apply it:
- Put half a cup of table salt in the bathtub and add enough warm water to cover the lower part of the body.
- Relax in the warm salt water for 20 minutes and use the solution to cleanse the outside of your vagina, not the inside.
- Treatment of vaginal infections with salt Avoid frequent use of salt to clean the vaginal area more than twice a week, as it may cause severe skin dryness.
Read more: 6 steps to study success
Read more: How to succeed in the personal interview 2023
Benefits of water and salt for the sensitive area
There is no doubt that vaginal itching and severe infections are very annoying, however, they are not a medical problem that requires a medical examination. But you can easily overcome it by using salt, and here lies the importance of treating vaginal infections with salt.
Treatment of vaginal infections with salt You can prepare a warm water bath with the addition of a little salt and use it as an antiseptic wash for the vaginal area. Not only does this help calm infections and get rid of itching, but it also cleanses the vagina to combat the effects of bacteria and fungi and prevent their accumulation.
Among the most important benefits of water and salt for the sensitive area:
- Malg is rich in many types of minerals, such as: magnesium, calcium, and potassium, which helps purify the body from accumulated toxins, bacteria, and infection.
- Treatment of vaginal infections with salt Helps regulate sebum secretions and excess oils that clog pores and accumulate dirt on the skin.
- Table salt and sea salt have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
- This helps reduce itching caused by the accumulation of bacteria and fungi. It is a natural ingredient that is available in all homes at no cost.
Treating other vaginal infections
After touching on Treatment of vaginal infections with salt, here are some other possible remedies. Maintaining a balance of pH in the vaginal area is essential to avoid infection and severe infections. The pH of the vagina is less than 4.5, that is, it is an acidic medium, which works to combat harmful germs and bacteria.
There are some factors that may raise the vaginal pH to more than 7, which means a change in the nature of the environment from acidic to alkaline, leading to fungal and viral infections.
The vaginal area is a balanced environment suitable for the growth of beneficial bacteria, but cleaning it completely with scented vaginal washes may disrupt this natural balance, which may result in the accumulation of harmful bacteria instead, and this may lead to the transmission of severe infections.
Treatment of vaginal infections with salt There is a common belief that the use of vaginal washes is good for preventing infections and preventing the build-up of fungus, but the truth is that these chemical-rich preparations may be a major cause of vaginal irritation.
As it works to raise the acidity coefficient of that area to become alkaline and not acidic, and the vagina automatically performs a self-cleaning process, as the internal glands secrete a mucous fluid that removes germs, harmful substances, and menstrual residue regularly.
Vaginal moisture is also essential to maintaining an environment suitable for the growth of beneficial bacteria that may be killed by chemical vaginal washes.
Treatment of vaginal infections with salt In many cases, vaginal infections can be treated with some effective household ingredients that have antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.